Dec 16, 2013

"I have heard them mermaids sing" - A Painting

They colored many a childhood dream of mine... I would like to believe they are real.
Can you imagine what a fun life it must be down under? Surfing, sea shells, corals, sun, sand, ocean breeze, racing with fish, whistling at fishermen. Here's a happy one riding the waves in good company.

Mermaid painting
I have heard them Mermaids sing - acrylic painting

Acrylic on a 10*12 inch canvas.
Illustrated and colored by yours truly, with immense childlike joy!

And  I haven't heard them sing yet ;-)

9 comments:

  1. Lovely! :)
    As a child, even I used to adore and dream about mermaids and the fun-filled life they would have. But somewhere down the race, all such beautiful thoughts hid somewhere, even I don't have any idea where and why they disappeared. :)
    Thanks for making me think like a child again, atleast for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful mermaid and lovely colours ... love the way she's looking for treasures of the sea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Esther... She is free spirited indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your work brings a smile to my face. Sweet with a touch of whimsy which I really like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Sujatha :-) Whimsy.. thanks to the eternal dreamer that I am

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, you are so talented! and what a lovely dream.

    ReplyDelete
  7. whimsical! i love artwork that makes your heart smile and this one just did!

    ~deepa

    http://aalyaminspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...